Faux Crab Cakes (Zucchini Cakes)Ingredients:
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp finely diced onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning OR (I used) 1 ground clove, 1 ground cardamon pod, 1 tsp granulated garlic, a shake of smoked paprika, & salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp flour
- Oil for frying, 1/4" in pan
- Grate zucchini using a box grater. I cut the seeds out of mine, and used the large and small side of the grater. Squeeze as much water out of the zucchini as you can. Mine was still pretty moist, but try to get most of the liquid out.
- Combine grated zucchini, breadcrumbs, onion, egg and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Form the zucchini mixture into patties and dredge in flour.
- Heat oil and fry patties in oil on each side until golden and crispy.