Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Easy cheaters salsa

I decided that I wanted to make some salsa. I am calling this cheaters salsa because it's not made from fresh ingredients, but it was still really yummy! I had all of the necessary ingredients in one form or another on hand, so I threw some stuff together.

Easy cheaters salsa

1 can diced tomatoes
A couple spoonfulls of pickled jalepenos (more or less depending on how hot you want it!)
A handful of sliced onions (I used onions that I had previously sliced and had in a baggie in the freezer)
A couple spoonfulls of cilantro (I used cilantro that I had previously chopped and frozen in some oil)
Five or six shakes of garlic powder (as much or as little as you'd like)
A shake of red pepper flakes
A couple shakes of salt
A squirt of lime or lemon juice

I threw all of this together in my little food processor and long pulsed four or five times. I like my salsa smooth, pulse it less if you like it chunkier.

This salsa is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment